Friday, October 16, 2009

Try this at home

Returning to the DQF-COSY of taxole, I have found this challenge:

I couldn't tell which kind of multiplet it was. I have extracted the section corresponding to the red line and moved it into my novel simulator. Then I have introduced 3 couplings and pushed the "Fit" button.

That's all. The goodness of the fit is convincing. It is a doublet of doublets of doublets and the Js are: 14.7, 6.4 and 9.9 Hz. The latter corresponds to an antiphase coupling. Not only I know which kind of multiplet it is, I have also measured the Js!
You might feel it's funny, I find it amazing, perhaps somebody will say it is useful. "The coupling constants were extracted from the DQF-COSY by the blogger's simulator".

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Ahmed Ashraf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home