Q: Can you set the integrals so they read vertical instead of horizontal?
A: The integrals are written horizontally. You also wrote your e-mail horizontally. Why do you want to write vertically? It's more difficult to read. Your eyes will soon get tired. There are many tricks to avoid overcrowding of integrals:
- reduce the number of digits.
- set 1 proton = 100 integral units and you can do without decimal digits.
- enlarge some integrals to the right or to the left: the number will be displaced accordingly.
- change the font.
- use the cutter tool to remove non-interesting regions.
- print on larger sheets of paper (we in Europe have the A3 format).
- you can merge two integral regions; you will only read the sum, yet it's usually trivial to estimate by eye the contributions of each peak.